1361A Kangaroo Valley Road, KANGAROO VALLEY NSW 2577Sold
House Sold - KANGAROO VALLEY NSW
Available for inspection by appointment – May:
Thursday 4th (after 2pm) until Friday 5th (before 1pm).
Friday 12th (all day) until Saturday (before 1pm).
This stunning architecturally designed family home was built with a specific brief in mind. The Architect/ Owner behind the build set out to create an energy efficient, eco-friendly masterpiece home, that integrates locally sourced materials and skills, to contribute to community sustainability.
Living and working in the Kangaroo Valley community, inspired the owners in fashioning an alluring domain that connects the home with it’s natural bush setting, embracing the majestic uninterrupted views to the North and West. Having a wealth of local knowledge gave them the wisdom to construct a compact, thermally efficient residence, built to the highest standards, to with-stand all the elements that mountainside living entails.
Peace and tranquillity abound at “Eyrie House”. Obscured from the road, offering privacy with a view across the valley, the home seamlessly nestles into the site with vegetation surrounding. The idea is to integrate the bush setting with an easy to maintain native garden setting, eliminating the need for lots of maintenance. The introduction of some lovely native plants, shrubs, and grasses all entices the abundance of birdlife.
Only recently offering the property for short term stays, it’s no wonder it is booked regularly. “Eyrie House” is the perfect small family home, retreat or weekend getaway. If you are seeking an investment property that creates a great passive income, with the ability to reserve your own vacation time, look no further.
Spotted Gum flooring and built-in joinery creates cohesion with the bush environment, ages beautifully and contrasts well with the whitewashed interiors and quirky, playful wallpapers selectively placed adding soul and character to this unique home.
Home is where the heart is. You can feel the heartbeat as soon as you enter the grand entryway door. Hang your hat, take off your shoes, and breathe.
• Harvested rainwater contained in two 20,000 litre tanks
• Two designated bedrooms with additional study, with sliding doors
• Mains power with a 4.35kilowatt PV system provides enough electricity to the house sending the surplus back to the grid
• Modern kitchen with walk-in pantry opens out to the undercover deck for ease of dining outdoors
• Informal breakfast bar
• Plunge pool
• Electric appliances with exception of the gas cooktop supplied with LPG gas bottles
• Slow combustion wood heater.
• Split system air conditioner (heating and cooling) and ceiling fans
• Timeless bathroom – bathe with spectacular views
• Sliding recycled spotted gum timber screens to living and bedrooms allowing sun protection
• Powder room
• Double glazed windows and doors with louvres creating good cross ventilation
• Expansive glass picture windows creating seamless indoor to outdoor living
• Separate office
• Extensive raised vegetable gardens and garden sheds/storage
Contact Carrie or Connor for further information or to book a private inspection 0421 449 846.
- 2 bed
- 1 bath
- Land is 2.50 acres
- Floor Area is 118 m²
- 2 Toilet
- 3 Open Parking Spaces
- Pay TV
- Outdoor Entertaining
- Open Fire Place
- Split System Heating
- Gas Heating
- Fully Fenced
- NSW Country Division Architectural Awards 2019 - New House